A Big Island Retreat
November 5 – 12, 2018
A week filled with sacred ritual, yoga, delicious local vegetarian meals,
lots of time in the water, under the sun, on the sand. Hikes to waterfalls, volcanic formations, chocolate plantations, fruit orchards, COFFEE. Snorkeling, stand-up paddleboarding, sailing! Our home base
will be in the Pahoa region, at a gorgeous eco-retreat called Kirpal Ecological & Meditation Center. Visit: http://kmechawaii.org/
Our morning yoga practices will include chanting, traditional pranayama practices, alignment-based movement, and plenty of time spent in meditation. Our evening yoga practices will be a bit more fluid – depending on our group energy we might explore yin, restorative, gentle, kundalini, dancing, chanting... whatever calls to us! Every practice will be all-levels, with options to enhance or modify.
We will spend the week cultivating and deepening our connection, gratitude and love for the out-of-doors, for our yoga & meditation practice, for those we spend time with and of course for and with ourselves. This is a beautiful way to reTREAT yourself – on the Big Island of Hawaii with your yoga peeps!
Your guides for this week of bliss:
- Megan Piersma ERYT200/RYT500, owner of Deha Yoga
- Martha Piersma ERYT200, owner of Red Bird Yoga
- Phyllis Shirron ERYT200, lover of all things sunny & watery
What is included in the retreat cost:
- all yoga, meditation & movement classes
- all on-site meals (3 per day, local vegetarian fare)
- some off-site meals (depending if we are on a tour or if our retreat center has packed us lunches-to-go!)
- all adventure & excursion fees (snorkeling, chocolate tour, etc…)
- fee to get into Volcanoes National Park
What is not included in the retreat cost:
- your flight(s)
- if you fly into Kona, you will need to rent a car to get to the retreat center in Pahoa
- if you fly into Hilo, it is possible that we can pick you up! (more details as things progress)
- tips for tour guides, kitchen & cleaning staff, etc
- some off-site meals are not included (like our dinner out at Uncle Robert’s Market when we go listen to live music!)
- if there is anything extra you would like to do… get a massage, shop for gifts, etc.
> First, choose your type of lodging: OCEAN or JUNGLE (ocean means you may have an ocean view and you will have your own bathroom – jungle means you may have a jungle view and will have to share your bathroom)
> Second, choose SINGLE or DOUBLE occupancy (single means there is only one person in your room/bed, double is two – either a room with two beds or two people in one bed)
- OCEAN SINGLE : $1675
- OCEAN DOUBLE : $1475 (per person)
- JUNGLE SINGLE : $1325
- JUNGLE DOUBLE : $1125 (per person)
> If you pay all at once, you will receive priority when we assign lodging. 🙂
> If you would like to pay in installments, the first payment (your deposit to hold your spot) must be at least $200, then you can pay as you go in whatever amount works for you.
> Please note you can only pay either the full amount or the deposit online. If you are choosing the payment plan option, you will have to either come in to the studio or call us to make further payments towards your retreat balance.
Please note the “fine print” below:
Refund policy for Retreat DEPOSITS:
Retreat deposits are final sale and non-refundable.Refund policy for Retreats:
Payments made toward Retreats are refundable up to a certain percentage (LESS THE DEPOSIT), depending on how far away the Retreat start date is.
If start date is more than 90 days away = 90% refund
> If start date is 30-90 days away = 70% refund
> If start date is less than 30 days away = 40% refund
> if start date is within 30 days, no refund is given (this is because retreats are costly to host, plan and execute.
Sign up now!